What is a Development Application

Most fitout work in NSW will begin with a building approval process and in this video, I would like to discuss the Development Application, or DA.

As most projects will typically involve some form of renovation, demolition or construction, in consultation with Council or other building professionals like Town Planner, we will determine if you need to lodge a DA and can lodge it on your behalf.

Development Applications and any subsequent applications, such as Construction Certificates, are assessed under Section 79C of The Environmental Planning And Assessment Act 1979 and it is important to understand that in almost all cases, it is the Council that issues a development consent as a result of a Development Application.

Accredited Certifiers, also known as Private Certifiers, cannot assess DAs.

Call us on 1300 882 585 to find out what approvals are required for your project and how we can assist you in obtaining those as efficiently as possible.
Click here to get your quote now
By | 2017-03-07T12:36:50+00:00 November 23rd, 2015|Videos|0 Comments